Wednesday, October 24, 2007

4th week already!

It is the 4th week already and all the "young adults" are doing very well. So far we have learned the basics of the prone and off-hand positions.

I am sure that tonight everyone learned a very important lesson about the off-hand position... It is difficult! The good news is that I saw some very good shooting tonight for these first timers!

Next week we will try to do both prone and off-hand positions. We will also start working withing a time limit for each relay. We will start with a 5 minute prep period and a 10 minutes to shoot. In the future, the prep period will be 2 minutes as that is what is normal for competition. 10 Minutes may not seem like much time, but you will find that it is plenty. If we can stick to the time limits, we will have no problem shooting at least two positions per night.

I appreciate all of the feedback that I have received to help make the operations of the team smoother. I am new at this and all the comments and recommendations are VERY welcome. If you have any other ideas, questions or concerns you can call me anytime (814-329-0720).

I now have more Bellwood Sportsmen's membership cards. If you have already given me (or Terra) money for the card see us at the next meeting to get the card. If you (or your team member) don't have your Sportsmen's membership yet just see me at the next meeting. Cost for the membership is $10.00 for adults and $3.00 for juniors (12 & under).

Parents, if you need any help coaching, please let me know. We are extremely fortunate to have the help of some incredibly experienced shooters that are more than happy to help. I don't want anyone to feel like they are on thier own with coaching. We are all there to help each other.

Finally, one of my goals for this has been to have fun while teaching a valuable skill. The kids are shooting well and we all seem to be having a good time.

Thanks again for all the effort that all of you are putting in to this.

Dave.

No comments: